What are the benefits of ductless air conditioning?
A ductless air conditioner, also referred to as mini-split or a ductless split system, is made up of two pieces: the compressor unit which is installed outside the home on a concrete slab and an indoor unit which contains a fan. The fan is installed near the ceiling on an exterior wall in the area you want cooled. While you may have heard of ductless air conditioners, you may not know the benefits of installing one.
Benefits of Ductless A/C
- Flexibility: With traditional central air conditioning, air is forced through all of your ducts. With a ductless system, the cooled air is delivered directly to the areas you want cooled. They are easy to install, and can be placed in new additions to your home, in apartments or condos to replace a window unit, or to improve the temperature in specific rooms of your home (such as ones that receive a great deal of sunlight and are always hot).
- Cost savings: One of the main reasons homeowners switch to a ductless air condition is the savings. As the heat increases outside, you need your AC more and more; energy bills keep going up. Traditional central air is inefficient; a ductless system uses less energy to run and they deliver the cool air directly to the room you want cooled, so they are much more efficient. You no longer have to cool unoccupied rooms.
- Better air quality: A ductless system also improves the air in your home. You’ll breathe better, and easier. A traditional central air system leaves dust and allergens in the air; with a ductless system, you get multi-stage filtration. This reduces allergens, dust and other particles in the air.
- Easy to install: Installation is a breeze, especially compared to a traditional central air system. Depending upon the number of units you need, you can be up and running in a day, compared to weeks with a traditional HVAC unit. Ductless systems run on pipes that just need a three-inch hole. You won’t have to tear down and rebuild walls around any ducts or lose any square footage in your home.
- Smaller carbon footprint: Because the ductless system is so energy efficient, you are lowering your carbon footprint, which is great for the planet. These systems also reduce the negative effects on the environment because they use R410A to cool your home; this refrigerant causes ‘zero ozone depletion’, which means it has less of an impact on the environment than traditional systems do.
Ductless air conditions offer you a number of benefits, from saving you money on your electric bill to reducing your carbon footprint. Stay comfortable by cooling just the zones you want, rather than your entire house. Consider installing a ductless system today!